Sunday, December 29, 2013

Bakewell

We're in England, time for a proper tea party.
This morning we bussed it to Bakewell, and sat down at a cosy table at a quaint tearoom, and ordered us some tea and some local treats. We tried a Bakewell tart and a Bakewell pudding (which is not like pudding in the Netherlands or the US, it's just a synonym for a dessert), but I can't remember which is which, both were pretty tasty though.

Tea needs to be drunk with milk, of course, like I said, we are in England. Actually, I had been drinking milk-less English tea in the first weeks we were here, until someone accidentally milked my tea, and to be polite I drank it anyways. Surprisingly, I (a long-time milk-less tea lover) liked it. Since that day, I haven't gone back to milk-less tea, as I now love drinking my tea the English way. Everyday, multiple times... I think I'm turning British.
Bakewell is a lovely town, with loads of cute shops and pretty views. 
And weird tourists.
And of course another English staple: Fish and Chips. We finally got my mom to try some and she loved it. But hey, what's not to love? Fried potatoes and fried fish, can't really go wrong with that.
We had to bus ourselves back home to Buxton on time, since I have to work tomorrow and my mom is getting up even earlier to pick up my brothers at the airport. I'm so excited to have them here as well, I think I'll have to do a little happy dance when they arrive!

No comments: