Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Second anniversary

Today two years ago we got married in the most unceremonious way in an Osakan city hall in Japan. My mother send us a sweet card with hand sewn felt hearts to congratulate us with our third anniversary, hmm her time moves a lot quicker than ours does! 

2 years

I feel like our two years of marriage flew by, it's still weird to refer to Yasu as my husband in my native language. I don't speak enough Dutch these days to get used it, but I have gotten used to doing it in English, so that's a good sign! Whatever I call him in whatever language, it doesn't matter, I'm just glad to be with him and to share my life with Yasu every single day. 

It's amazing we ever found each other, any of so many decisions we made in our lives made differently would have led to us never meeting. And when we did meet, neither of us was impressed by the other... But love grew after that one day at Starbucks in 2004 and survived years of a very-very-long-distance relationship and much more complicated challenges.

Two years ago, we chose to live our lives for ourselves and committed to each other in secret. We became husband and wife and it was the best decision we ever made. Sure we're not a conventional couple, but what's good about being ordinary anyway? We're a pair of colorful oddballs, who have a lot of fun together, much like these amazing Vegas elephants!

LV elephants

2 comments:

♥Ắçĕ♥ said...

Congratulations on your second anniversary! Wishing you all the best for many more lovely years together (^_^)

Louana van Luttervelt said...

@Ace: Thank you so much!