Thursday, December 22, 2011

Mesmerized

Why did we come to Vegas again? That's right to use those free hypnosis show tickets we got in June. When were road tripping with the Dutchies we spent a little time in Vegas and Yasu, who's studying hypnotherapy, really wanted to see a hypnosis show. So we did. While at breakfast, I scored some hypnosis show tickets on my iPhone for all of us for later that night. The show was awesome, and even sceptical Guido could see how well hypnosis works and how hilarious it can be.

We had a great night and my only regret was not volunteering for the show, because I was torn between participating and finally experiencing what it's like to be hypnotized and laughing till I cried in the audience. I didn't know that participants get free tickets to see the show again and that they sell DVDs of the show so that you can enjoy your own hypnotized performance.

So when Yasu bought a hypnosis program after the show and also got free tickets for a future show, I promised myself that I would volunteer the next time. And tonight I kept my promise to myself and volunteered without hesitation and to Yasu's delight became one of the stars of the Marc Savard Comedy Hypnosis Show!

Us hypnotized volunteers making ugly faces at the camera

We didn't take any pictures during the show but Marc Savard's assistant did take this picture! We are all hypnotized to believe that we have 'wrong face disease' when the hypnotist said "smile" and then we all produced the ugliest face we could while posing for the picture.

Of course, I did a lot more embarrassing things while under hypnosis than make an ugly face. I convincingly played air-violin in an orchestra, vigorously played air-guitar in a heavy metal band (even backwards and with my ass), got really hot and really cold (had to hug the guy next to me to keep warm), was a Riverdancer, posed for a sexy photo shoot, was hopelessly attracted to the hypnotist whenever he held my hand, was a participant in a special lollipop sucking contest and ran screaming from a snake that was really a belt. Among other things :)!

With Marc Savard

After the show we got to take pictures with Marc Savard (check out that 'lollipop') and when he held my hand again, I was still happily mesmerized by him. He also signed my DVD of the show. I can't wait to see the DVD when we get home. And I don't mind sharing the experience with friends and family, as 300 strangers already saw me 'perform' on stage, and it was so much fun. But I may change my mind when I actually see it, hehe!

Signed DVD

I'd seen a few other hypnosis shows before the Marc Savard show, and during one of those shows my boyfriend at the time got hypnotized into the star of the show. He did some amazing things while under hypnosis, that show was a lot of fun for me.

The whole process intrigued me and after the show I asked him how or why he did the things he did on stage, his only explanation was "Because the hypnotist told me so." That answer was really unsatisfactory to me and ever since I have wanted to feel what it was like to be hypnotized. Well, it was very different from what I expected, and now I have to give the same answer to that question.

You do the things you do on stage and act out all the scenarios he's giving you, just because the hypnotist tells you to and because somehow that seems to be the right thing to do. It doesn't seem funny or embarrassing when you do it, because the hypnosis takes your inhibitions away. It doesn't feel like you're in some zombie trance, it feels like you are super aware and really concentrated.

Earlier, I even wondered whether I had faked it, because I was so conscious of my actions on stage. But as a rather shy, self-conscious, and self-censoring person (I'm even embarrassed to dance in front of friends) I would never have done all the crazy things on stage in the spotlight in front of all those strangers without feeling embarrassed and at least laughing at myself.

I did some online research and found out that's exactly what hypnosis is supposed to feel like. Everything I experienced is typical of hypnosis. It's not some mysterious trance in which you have no idea what you are doing. It's a relaxed feeling of super concentration where you let yourself be guided by the hypnotist without hesitation or regret. I felt great during and now after the show. It is such an awesome, interesting, fun and rewarding experience! This is going to be a great memory for a lifetime.

V Theater

Go to this show and volunteer, you will not regret it! It's at the V Theater inside the Miracle Mile Shopping area of the Planet Hollywood. I got free tickets for another show when I was on stage so we're going again tomorrow and I'm sure it will be just as much fun as in June, when I laughed and cried till it hurt.

Unfortunately, Yasu doesn't want to volunteer tomorrow, but I'm sure we'll find ourselves at another Marc Savard show on a future Vegas trip and maybe by then I will have convinced him to volunteer. If not, I'll just volunteer again!

No comments: