Saturday, October 01, 2011

Experimenting with designs

I like drawing designs and imagining what they might look like in felt. And when it seems like a good idea, I turn my drawing into a felt plushie and sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. 

Like this week, I'd hoped to make a cute fat laughing Buddha, but it turned out to look more like a weird crying baby. But I did manage to finally make an owl (something I've been wanting to do for a very long time) which did turn out the way I'd hoped. So now I'm off to make some more owls!

7 comments:

Dallas said...

Love the owl!!

Louana said...

Thanks, so do I!

Lia-Louise said...

Die uil is geweldig gaaf! Precies goed qua kleurstelling. Mooi gedaan!

dimi said...

You're right! The Buddha doll doesn't work, but the owl is awesome! Kisses :)

Louana said...

Happy to hear you girls agree with me!

Anzouya said...

I love your new creatures. Although the Buddha looks a little bit awkward, the owl is PERFECT! Well, done! :-)

Louana said...

I'm loving the owl-love from everyone!