Sunday, May 01, 2011

Leftover Easter eggs

Last week was Easter and we still had some leftover hard-boiled eggs that needed to be consumed by today, so I made some egg salad for my hubbie. Yasu just can't forget the awesome egg salad he ate from a Dutch grocery store last year, and I tried to recreate it because they don't sell it in the supermarket here.

I peeled the eggs and roughly chopped them with a fork in a bowl. I added a good amount of mayo, some serious shakes of curry powder, and shredded leftover rotisserie chicken (I did not use all the chicken in the picture - not even close - I made sure there was more egg than chicken) and mixed it all together. If it was too dry I would add more mayo and keep on mixing until it looked like egg (and chicken) salad. I think I also added some sea salt along the way. Then I let it chill for a few hours in the fridge until Yasu came home from school.

I put the egg and chicken salad on some toasted french bread, sprinkled it with parsley flakes and let him test it. He loved it. I think I put too much curry powder in it, but will definitely make this again... With less curry, more sea salt and some freshly ground black pepper.

4 comments:

Pen and Paperie said...

That sounds tasty! Tastier than my left-over easter egg salad today, which was only mayo, eggs, S&P. Boooring.
Curry-chicken egg salad = heartier and yummier...

caz said...

mmmm looks tasty!!
I'm def going to try making this!!

Lia-Louise said...

Nah ja... Chantal zei al dat je een echte kokkin aant worden bent! Dat schept wel errug hoge verwachtingen poepie!!! XX

dimi said...

Oh, very tasty!!! I'll try it! I make a greek variation with tuna, eggs, mayo, olive oil, salt+pepper! Kisses :)