Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sewing again!

Look at what I've been doing (very carefully while wearing a thumb splint, wrist brace and tennis elbow strap) today!
I need to get back on 'my horse'; I need to and desperately want to start sewing again. But I must admit I'm a bit scared, because when I started (also very carefully) this little butterfly a few weeks ago, I ended up in the ER two days later, high on vicodin and percocet and experiencing a full-blown panic attack before the doctor injected three cortisone shots into my arm and wrist.Then my arm didn't hurt anymore but it was also useless for more than a week.

My arm is feeling a lot (!) better now, I've started physical therapy again, and it's time to try sewing again, I just hope there will be no consequences this time. All I hope to end up with this time is a cute little green butterfly.

8 comments:

Allison said...

Sooo cute! Also I'm glad you're feeling better and can get back to sewing!!

Kait said...

Oh dear! How scary!
I'm glad that your arm is feeling better. ;)
Take care of yourself!

As for the little butterfly, he's a cute lil guy! (girl?)
I envy your even stitching!
(Natural occurrence or practiced perfection?)

Manda Jane said...

glad you're feeling better... love the butterfly!

Louana said...

Thanks ladies!!

My stitching... natural occurence I guess, has looked like this ever since I taught myself the blanket stitch two years ago. Glad you like it :)!

dimi said...

Great butterfly!!! I love the colour!
Just don't push your hand too much sweety... Kisses

dimi said...

BTW, I've added your cool chick on my blog! I love it!

Anzouya said...

This looks great and I hope that you'll be feeling much better soon! Your "creatures" must have missed you a lot! ;-)

Lia-Louise said...

Nice and sweet comments for my (little) girl...