Monday, March 07, 2011

My first pdf pattern!!

I'm so happy! I finally finished my first PDF pattern! It doesn't even matter to me that I didn't make my February deadline for this. I started working on this in September and it was so much work, mostly on the computer, that I kept procrastinating. So when my physical therapist told me I needed that break from sewing, I knew it was time to finish it. I can't believe I did it!

Before being able to put it in my Etsy shop I had one more struggle with Adobe left, because it refuses to properly display PDFs created on a Mac. I sent the PDF to Yasu's Windows computer and was shocked and frustrated to see what Adobe did to my hard work and my pretty vector images. It took me a couple of hours but I figured out a workaround via iPhoto which satisfied me. Pfew.

My PDF pattern and tutorial is nine pages long and includes a printable pattern template, a materials and tools list, a step by step picture guide (completely sewn by hand), and stitches guide.

I'm really happy with the end result, and I'm definitely going to make more patterns and tutorials. Just hope they don't take as long as this one...

9 comments:

dimi said...

I have no idea of course how you did that, but congrats!! I really love your designs!

Erika said...

Congrats Louana! I am SO impressed. Making a pattern sounds like painful computer work.

Louana said...

@dimi: Thanks!!!!

@Erika: First time around it's painful and frustrating, but I'm sure the next will be easier and quicker now I know how to do it!

Ashley said...

That's so awesome :)

Bonita Rose said...

congrats.... love all the color... u sound like a computer pro.. I wudn't know where to start.. good for you! xo

Lia-Louise said...

Ik had het al gezien en vond het al erg creatief. Inderdaad wel goed om op deze manier je pols wat meer rust te geven. Kun je wat meer afwisselen. Dan weer een patroontje en dan weer beesie...;-) You go girl!! XXX

Anzouya said...

CONGRATULATION! All this hard work has finally been brought to life! Good Luck with everything and may this be the start of many more! :-)

Deborah West said...

congrats!! It looks awesome!

Brandi Buehler said...

That looks great! I love your ambition :)