Thursday, March 31, 2011

How to code a blog button

Buttons are images that other people can share on their blog, usually in the sidebar, to link straight to blogs or websites they like and want their readers to know about. These past couple of days I've been having fun making new buttons for this blog.

I made some with my iPhone:

And I made a whole bunch with Inkscape:


It has taken me a while to figure it all out perfectly and delete unneeded parts of code, but I ended up with an HTML code that really works well for me. It allows me to show a message to people who hover over the image and most importantly to adjust sizes quickly without resizing and reuploading images. 

If anyone else wants to make a button but doesn't know how to code it yet, here you go:

5 comments:

Kait said...

Thanks for doing this post. I think a lot of people get confused by the whole widget button badge html thing. :D

dimi said...

Hey, that's life-saving! I was thinking how I can make one, as I'm absolutely internet/html ignorant!! THANK YOU!!! Kisses

Bonita Rose said...

I am like dimi, I know nothing. this really helps.. thank you. I need to start making buttons.. more of them, but will do so once my new site is live and up and running.. xo hugs thank you.

Jamie said...

Thank you so much for this post!!!

kristy said...

i love your hipstamatic buttons!