Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rainbow cupcakes

So when you overfill your cupcake papers, you will end up with overgrown cupcakes like these:

But aren't they all lovely and colorful? I smeared some frosting on top, and then my rainbow cupcakes were done:

I say that like that was an easy thing to do, but the cupcakes were exceptionally fragile (I wonder if that was because of those container egg whites), and when I tried taking out the overgrown cupcakes from the baking pan some of the tops broke off. Which was unfortunate but those broken cupcakes did show how pretty they were on the inside:

The fragile cupcakes made frosting very difficult as well. Just a little push with the frosting spoon was enough to break off parts of cupcake. But as you can see I did end up with several pretty cupcakes and they taste pretty good too! I made more than enough to share, so if you want one just come and get it!

5 comments:

dimi said...

Very pretty indeed!! Congratulations on your first try! I'd think they were made by a chef or something!!! Bon Appetit = "Καλή όρεξη" in greek! - Kisses

Lia-Louise said...

Hmmm... gezellige lekkere kleurtjes!
I want them to when we are there!!
XX

Louana said...

@ dimi: really? Thanks!

@ moem: sorry never making them again, too frustrating :)

Myra said...

me looves :]

Lia-Louise said...

Nah... dan maken we ze samen, oke? Please????