Monday, January 31, 2011

Frozen

You know what tastes good? Frozen grapes! They taste like small pieces of extra fruity ice lollies or huge dippin' dots. You could also use them as extra fancy ice cubes for cocktails, but we usually just drink water at home, so we just eat them straight out of the freezer bag, as a snack.
We've also frozen other fruits. We actually started with tangerines, because Yasu wanted to relive his elementary school days when he used to get frozen mikans (Japanese for tangerine) for dessert at school. Frozen tangerines are also awesome, you just need to wait a bit before you can peel the skin off. Frozen bananas are a bit boring to eat just as they are, but they're great for smoothies. And I'm sure frozen bananas are delicious in a layer of chocolate, which used to be my favorite cinema snack in Belgium.

3 comments:

Dan J said...

I tried your frozen mikan idea - delish!

Louana said...

Simple but awesome!

Alicia (The Red Deer) said...

mmmm I love this idea - especially since I am trying to lose weight! A nice healthy sweet treat is just what I need.