Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Catching up

Almost 4 years ago I moved to Nagoya, Japan and was trained to be an English teacher for AEON. And one of my fellow trainees was Eric, from San Francisco. After a year in Nagoya, he moved back home and he's still here. And tonight we met him to do some catching up!
We had dinner with him in a small Vietnamese restaurant, its interior actually made me feel like we were back in Japan, in one of its many little Asian restaurants. Or maybe it was the company, one being an actual Japanese man and the other a man I've only known in Japan.
We had some tasty Vietnamese food (which surprised me because Vietnamese in Japan tastes rather bland) and they actually gave us one of those typical paper take away boxes, Yasu and I have only seen in the movies. Which we found pretty cool and picture-worthy, and I think Eric found us a little weird. He's probably right! It was really fun to see him again.

1 comment:

San said...

Oh how fun! It's always great to catch up with old friends!