Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I don't like earthquakes

A couple of days ago I felt the strongest earthquake I ever felt. I mean I lived in Japan for more than 3 years where I was constantly worried about earthquakes, but I only remember a few mild ones, but this where I feel the worst one... so far anyway.

The whole building was swaying and blinds were hitting the windows and my table was moving. I think it lasted only for about 30 seconds and nothing fell down but my heart was racing!

My husband, born and raised in the land of earthquakes, would have known exactly what to do but he wasn't home. I had no clue what to do and found myself looking at the printer wondering whether it would fall down or not. Yes, very useful.

And now we just felt another one, not as strong as the one last week, and it was over before Yasu reached the front door to open it (apparently that's one of the things you're supposed to do in the event of an earthquake). But it doesn't matter if they're short and there's no damage, I don't like earthquakes and I want to move back to a non-earthquake zone.

No comments: