Thursday, November 04, 2010

30 years ago

In 1980 my mother was pregnant with me. While I lived in her comfortable and warm tummy, people were already taking pictures of me.
Then on August 11 at 11:02 in the morning my mother gave birth to me. She was only seventeen and already a mother to a baby girl.
In the Netherlands it’s common to send birth cards to family and friends to announce the birth of a new baby. This was mine:
Card translation: "After months of waiting their wish was finally fulfilled, I am their first child and they call me Louana. I was born at 11:02 am and I weighed 7 pounds. My mommy and daddy are: Robert and Louise van Luttervelt."
 
I loved hanging out with my mommy, especially when she fed me with a bottle (for some reason I didn’t like breast feeding). And I got used to smiling for the camera at a very young age.
As you may have guessed I’m organizing old pictures. I scanned all the analog pictures I could find in the house before I moved to Japan and threw them in a file on my hard drive. All this time they’ve been out of order and patiently waiting for me to organize them. I’ve finally started, I wonder how long this is going to take me...

5 comments:

Myrthe said...

Nice Lou! And it must be loads of work, but fun to do! Enjoy watching them! xxx (and of course we also do! So keep on posting)

Claire said...

Hi Louana, you have a great blog and your 'Eleventh Monkey' creations are fabulous.
I've given you an award for inspiring me. You can check it out here: Claire's Crochet Quest

Mariko Konose said...

Wow!
What a beautiful story and pictures !
Nice to see sooooo cute baby and mother.
I'm looking foward to next story and pictures.

Yasu said...

Very cute baby, so adorable. Makes me full-smile :)
Lia was Lia 30 years ago! (Am I making sense? You know what I mean, right?)

Minke said...

Jeempie, wat lijk je nog meer op je mama als je die oude foto´s ziet, cool! xxx