Friday, September 03, 2010

Laundromat

Unfortunately, it's not so common to have your own washing machine here, and we don't. So I can't do the laundry at home, instead I have to go to a laundromat. Which is strange for me but also a little fun.
I've been there twice now and Yasu came with me both times, because I'm still a little uneasy doing things alone here. So he just finds a seat and studies while I pile our dirty laundry into one of the dozens of machines in the laundromat. The machines are pretty quick and finish in 30 minutes so the wait isn't that long. The best part is the dryers! In Japan they don't really use dryers, which resulted in clean but crunchy clothes and towels after airdrying them. But here they have huge dryers which makes everything soft and squishy!

No comments: