Monday, September 06, 2010

Golden Gate Bridge

We wanted to do something fun and something San Francisco-ey, so we decided to cross the Golden Gate Bridge on foot. An hour and 2.7 kilometers later we arrived in Marin County, on the other side of the red bridge. There's no public transportation back to San Francisco from there, so we turned around and walked back for another hour.
The bridge is very beautiful and a good subject for my Hipstamatic camera. I love taking pictures of road signs and there are more than enough of them on the bridge. The most interesting sign was the one urging potential jumpers to call for counseling, I wonder how many people actually use the phone next to it.
It was a really nice walk. It was really sunny (we both ended up with severely sunburned faces) but also cold and windy, just the way I like it (a bit too cold for Yasu though).

1 comment:

Lu said...

I'm sooo jealous, I would love to see the city myself, you must have had lots of fun. :)