Sunday, August 29, 2010

I cooked!

We've assembled all the furniture (finally) so today we went to Lucky's to get some groceries. Or rather Yasu studied at Starbucks, while I spent about 2.5 hours at the immense grocery store trying to figure out what to buy. It was quite overwhelming, there is just too much to choose from and the packages are too big. But eventually I gathered a cart full of groceries and somehow we got it all home on our new American bicycles. And then I cooked dinner for the first time in our new apartment!
I decided to make something easy with a salad because I was eager to try my new salad spinner. If you don't have one, get one. Such a simple thing with such an amazing result: fully washed and completely dry salad leaves! Anyway, dinner was really good and Yasu was so happy!

1 comment:

Swiedebie said...

Yummy! Congrats on your new apartment.