Saturday, May 22, 2010

Too many clothes...

Moving to the other side of the world is very exciting, but it’s a challenge too. How am I going to get all my stuff from Osaka to San Francisco? Can’t drag everything with me on a plane to the Netherlands and then on to the States... I’m going to have to send stuff by surface mail, because airmail is just to expensive. But surface mail isn’t as cheap as I’d like either... I’m going to have to get rid of a lot of stuff, then. So, today I went through all my clothes, and this is the result.
Two big garbage bags of discarded clothes (only one in the picture) and a heap and a bag of clothes I want to donate somewhere, somehow. I discovered I want to ship 5 big bags full of clothes to America, I’m going to need a whole bunch of boxes just to do that. And I still have a closet full of clothes that I’m planning to use here in Japan, and these clothes will probably travel with me in my suitcases.
It’s not easy selecting what gets to stay (or rather go to San Francisco) and what gets thrown away. But I do love throwing or giving things away, it’s so liberating to minimize my belongings. The rest of my stuff is up next, someday soon.

1 comment:

Lia-Louise said...

Wow, je hebt meer dan je dacht heej! Wij hebben het leger des heils, de kringloop, het goed om je gebruikte spul te doneren en daar maken wij dankbaar gebruik van!
Bij deze veel succes gewenst met het verdere uitzoeken!
XXX