Monday, March 30, 2009

The batting cage

Today was a lazy day turned into an active day. We had no plans and after sleeping in for way too long we decided to bike to Esaka to have some food at Volks, a restaurant chain we’d been wanting to try, and hang out at Starbucks (one of our favorite ways to spend time). Even though, sleeping in all morning, eating too much delicious bread at Volks, and dozing off at Starbucks (in spite of our caffeinated drinks) could be considered lazy, biking to pretty far-away Esaka (and of course back to Tsukamoto later on the day) could be considered exercise. But the most active and also the most exciting and entertaining was swinging bats at baseballs at the Esaka batting cage!
After yesterday’s game of catch turning out to be more fun than I could have imagined, Yasu didn’t have to ask twice if I wanted to try a batting cage. My arm was sore from yesterday, still I wanted to give it a try, and I am glad I did! Of course, I kind of suck at it, but I suck at singing too, and I still love karaoke! And the same is true for this, it’s really fun (and exhausting) to try and hit balls shooting through the air at 60 km/hour, which are actually called ‘slow’ balls but they’re enough fast for me! Yasu, having played many years of way too serious baseball, battled the 110 km/hour balls and I enjoyed waving my bat at the slow balls. And even though I’m positive my body will be sore for a week due to movements it’s never really made before, I can’t wait to return for some more batting action.

3 comments:

Louise said...

Karaoke en batting... bezigheidstherapie!! Maar wel leuke begrijp ik. You go girl!!
DVK XXXXXXXXX je moemie.

Yasu said...

You don't suck at singing, don't worry. Yes batting was fun!! I am glad you like it :)

Minke said...

Wat tof dat je het zo leuk vindt!!! Nog een keerrrrr hihi! xxx