Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sick day

I’ve called in sick today for the first time since I’ve been working in Japan. I’ve been having severe stomach pains since Monday, but I couldn’t go to the doctor because Yasu is in Tokyo for 2 weeks (it sucks to be this dependent). On Tuesday it was a bit better, but Tuesday night I couldn’t sleep because of it. On Wednesday I still went to work, but working made it worse, teaching and pretending to smile isn’t easy when you really want to scream and cry. So I decided to stay home from work today, which sucks because when you’re sick you don’t get paid in Japan!! Which is why I’ve never called in sick before, I figure I can be sick at home or I can be sick at work and get paid for it. But unfortunately, this time it was different. I feel a little better now and I’ll go back to work tomorrow and hope I don’t make it worse again, but if so Yasu and I’ll go to the doctor on Monday.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Lou, I hope you're feeling better soon! That's the nasty thing about the Japanese system, isn't it. I even went to work with chicken pox because I couldn't afford to lose any pay. The boss didn't even send me home - just told my students before each lesson that I had chicken pox and they could choose another teacher if they wanted. (they didn't - I sure would have!).

Louise said...

Ogossie... maar die superknuffel heeft vast wel een beetje geholpen toch?
DVK XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX je moemie.

Minke said...

Lieve lieve Lou! Hoop dat het beetje beter gaat, wat een verschrikkelijk systeem zeg!!! Denk aan je!!! xxx

Tomoko said...

i feel sorry for you really....

hope you'll feel better soon and we can meet in the lesson with smiling... _

however, i also had a very very bad feeling a whole week.... feel like i do everything while sleeping.