Saturday, October 18, 2008

Lunch with students

Normally, I eat lunch by myself on a workday. Lunch is usually around 4 PM, so all the restaurants are almost empty, which makes service quick and gives me an hour of peace and quiet to relax and read a book or magazine while eating. On Saturdays, I start work 3 hours earlier than regular, so lunch is earlier too at 2 PM, which is still lunchtime for many Japanese too, including my students. After my last class before lunch, a high-level discussion class, a student invited another student and me to go have lunch with her. Well, why not?
So the three of us (sorry, no pictures of students allowed on the blog) went to an Italian restaurant near the school, and had the most unusual lunch I’ve had so far. I’ve never lunched with students during a work day before, but it was fun and really great to get to know them better and learn some interesting things about them.
More pictures

No comments: