Saturday, October 18, 2008

Eating out in Tsukamoto again

Yasu and I decided to try another restaurant in Tsukamoto, instead of Osaka tonight. Especially since the last time was such a success. This time we chose a Japanese restaurant where tour guides apparently take busloads of foreign tourists to let them sample from Japanese cuisine. I don’t really remember the name of the restaurant, Kada-something, but I know where it is and how to get there (by bike) so that’s the most important thing. The atmosphere in the restaurant is so-so, as this was a Japanese restaurant which usually comes with those huge lights that over brighten the place and make me feel I’m in a factory instead of a restaurant. But the menu was extensive and looked very promising. It took us a while to decide what to order, but I think we made some pretty good choices.
The food was really good and it was fun to cook most of it on a small teppanyaki kept warm by some blue soap-looking stuff that burns. The only thing I didn’t really like was the raw octopus in my salad, but that problem was easily solved by throwing it on the teppanyaki and grilling it. I also had some ochazuke, which is basically a bowl of rice on which you poor green tea before eating. I didn’t really like it, but that could be because I poured so much tea in it that all my rice grains were swimming in an ocean of green tea. Yasu still like it, though.
Tsukamoto has so many restaurants and we’ve only tried 3 so far. It’s not because we never eat out, because we basically always eat out, but it’s that we always tend to go to restaurants in downtown Osaka. But they always have long lines and eating in Tsukamoto is more convenient, so next weekend we’re going to try another one here.

1 comment:

Minke said...

Great to read all these food-stories, always the best thing to talk about!! Ik ben helemaal rond, heb 'alles' gelezen, dus kom maar met nieuwe verhaaltjes hihi! xxxxxxxxxx