Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My name is Lou

Training is over! And with that my life as a teacher in Senri Chuo starts. The first 3 days are crossover days with the teacher I’m replacing. So today I’ve basically been observing lessons all day long (which is not my kind of thing, I’d rather teach them myself) and meeting students and staff at the school. And they had me make a poster for the lobby to introduce myself:

One of the Japanese teachers is really good at drawing and she drew me this cartoon of me with tulips (because that’s all I play with when I’m home…). I got to color the cartoon and put some information about me on there. Oh and I got everybody here to call me Lou instead of Louana (which I don’t like very much), a feat I never achieved in Inuyama. It’s even on my nametag now: Lou v. L.

No comments: