Monday, June 23, 2008

Happy gym member once again

I joined the gym today! Finally a decent gym to work out in Japan. I already had a tour through the place with Maiko a couple of months ago and today I did it again with Yasu, but it was just a formality and a way to show Yasu the place, because my mind about joining was already made up months ago. Unfortunately new memberships can only be started twice a month: on the first and fifteenth of the month. So mine will start on the first of July, but they’re giving me one free day at the gym in June, so my first time will be next Sunday.

It’s not cheap, of course. I’ll be paying almost ¥10,000 every month for my regular membership, but it will be worth it. They have a special discount this month, if another Cospa member introduces you to the gym, you don’t have to pay the registration fee of ¥3,500, and Cospa gives the new and current member ¥2,000 vouchers for the store in the lobby. Of course I don’t know any of the gym members here, but a new ‘friend’ is easily made if you tell them (or have Yasu translate for you) that you’ll give them a ¥2,000 voucher to spend in the gym shop. Easy said, easy done.

No comments: