Saturday, June 14, 2008

Dirty apartment

So I finally got to see my new apartment today! The good news: as desperately hoped (due to the proximity to Yasu’s house and the big modern gym near the train station) it’s in Tsukamoto and it’s a cute apartment. The bad news: it’s even smaller than my Inuyama shoebox and it’s immensely gross. I remember trying to clean my Inuyama apartment as well as I could just before Sean moved in but the teacher that used to live here didn’t even bother vacuuming before moving out.
It was so shockingly dirty that even my boyfriend, who isn’t really concerned with cleanliness and order, was disgusted. There was dirt everywhere: heaps of dust every nook and cranny and in gaping open spaces; clogged up (with disgusting green stuff) drains; fungus in the bathroom, kitchen and washing machine; old TVs, computers, futons and other crap in the closets leaving no space whatsoever for my belongings; and you don’t want to know how the fridge smelled and what I found under it…
You know how I love to take pictures of everything, but this was so bad I didn’t feel the least bit inclined to use my camera at all. I’m going to be cleaning here for a long, long time…

No comments: