Saturday, April 26, 2008

Bye bye Mayuka


Our manager Mayuka has been transferred to a new school in Nagoya, where she will start in May. Today was the last time I got to work with her, because I don’t work on Sundays and Mondays and Tuesday is when the Golden Week holidays start, so the school will be closed for 8 days. So yeah, I’m happy to report that I don’t have to work for 10 consecutive days! Anyway, Mayuka didn’t want to have a farewell party because she’s too busy so we had the students write short messages to her:




But of course this wasn’t enough for our students, I mean they are Japanese and the Japanese love to give presents, hence the students have been bringing her a mass of presents. Every night she had to carry a truckload of flowers and stuff with her on the train, then on her bicycle to her Japanese (so not big) apartment. Just halfway through the week husband already started complaining about the amount of flowers.




It’s too bad she’s leaving the Inuyama school because I had a lot of fun working with her. Still, I only have 3 more weeks of work left without her and the new manager is our old assistant manager Moe, and she’s great too. But saying goodbye is always a bit sad, and I’m really not looking forward to saying goodbye to my students at my farewell party next month.



1 comment:

Maiko said...

Thank you for everything, Mayuka.