Thursday, July 26, 2007

Jo's last week

This week is Joanne's last week in AEON Inuyama :(. Which is why I interupted my Harry Potter reading marathon to go to dinner with her and her boyfriend Dave (who is also leaving AEON at the same time) at Outback in Nagoya. Here they are:

Next Wednesday, they're getting on a plane for a short vacation in Malaysia, after which they'll be heading for Ireland and the States. I'm going to miss Jo a lot, she has helped me sooo much with about everything related to AEON and Japan, even before I got here. And besides that she is just a wonderful person and a great coworker, I'm sad to see her go. I hope she has a great tip and a safe journey home and into her future, she surely will be missed at AEON Inuyama.

Tomorrow night after work we will have a big going-away party for Jo, which at the same time is a welcome party for the new teacher Kristin (which will arrive tomorrow) and myself (as I am also still quite new here). It will basically be an all-you-can-eat-and-drink-party at the Italian restaurant next to AEON. I never really used to like Italian food, but after two months in Japan, anything European tastes awesome, so I'm really looking forward to it! Afterwards we'll turn into Japanese mode again and go for some karaoke.

And as you can see the city of Inuyama has decorated the streets in honor of our big party tomorrow with these beatiful flowerballs and streamers :P. Not really, these decorations are for the upcoming summer festivals, but they sure make the streets look festive!

4 comments:

Yasu said...

Yes I heard a lot about Jo has helped you. And you both are Happy Potter freaks. I hope they will have great fun in Malaysia and home.
Kristin is coming. Have fun at your welcoming party!! Sing Bon Jovi!! mwah mwah mwah

Minke said...

Mooie versierinkjes;)! Goed geregeld hihi!
Kus

Louise said...

Enneh? Was het italiaanse eten lekker voor de verandering?
XXX je moemie

Louana said...

Yeah we did sing Bon Jovi at karaoke! Jippie!

Ja, dat kunnen wij wel mooie versieringen regelen!

Het Italiaanse eten was heel lekker maar het was wel weinig.