Monday, April 16, 2007

38 days left...

Only 38 days left until my plane leaves... The whole going-to-Japan-thing has seemed real to me for quite a while now, and having finished a lot of the preparations I think I grasp the reality of my future life in Japan. But the whole leaving-my-country-and-loved-ones hasn't really dawned on me yet, but since yesterday I feel that realization has started knocking on my door, slightly. It's only natural but also scary, so I'm still trying to ignore it as much as I can. I have less than 6 weeks of living with my family left and I want to enjoy them. The coming weeks are packed with appointments, parties and things I want to do at least one more time, and I don't want to waste that time by being sad about leaving.

4 comments:

Brit in Hokkaido said...

As an expat you can always go home. But you are already far ahead of those who don't take the step of living in a foreign country in the first place...

Enjoy your last couple of weeks before you begin the adventure of a lifetime...

Louana said...

You're right, I can always go home, but preferably just for a visit.
I am the one that wants the adventure of living and working in a culture very different from my own, and I can't do that from the safety of my own country. If I want adventure, I'll have to get out of my 'box' and get it! And that's exactly what I'm planning to do!

Minke said...

Lieveeeeeee Lou!!!
That's the right spirit!
I am proud of you (I'll miss you!)!
Kusje, Minke

Yasuhiro said...

Yeah you are right. You can always go home and can talk to them as we do now. And you can always talk to me because we will be in the same timezone. mwah