Monday, April 30, 2007

3 whole years...

3 years ago Yasu and I shared our first kiss, in SPICE house on the Emory University campus where we were both exchange students. Ever since that 6-hour-long-kissing episode, we've been boyfriend-girlfriend and we've never let the 9291.4 km (5773.4 miles) between Veldhoven and Amagasaki be a problem. Granted there are some difficulties in maintaining such a long-distance-relationship, but with a little help from our friends, family and some TV producers we've been able to do it for 3 whole years!

We've never been able to actually celebrate an anniversary together because we have always been on our own side of the world when April 30 arrived, although we did celebrate our 1.5 year anniversary together because Yasu was visiting me in Europe then. As an alternative we always celebrate our anniversary via airmail by sending eachother special gifts. This year Yasu sent me some Japanese candies from a cake store in Amagasaki which I really love, and I made him a special movie by cutting, editing and combining all the movies we ever made with our digital cameras. 



It was hard and tedious work, but I really like the end result! I send him a DVD of the movie and made a movie poster (see picture) to print on the CD label, because love is in the details ;). Next year, I'll be living in Japan and so that may be our first anniversary that we'll celebrate by simply going to dinner or something more traditional like that.

2 comments:

Minke said...

Aaahhh, nog niet gezien! Maar ga dat heel binnenkort doen! Wat ziet het er al mooi uit!
Kus

Sade said...

I recently found your blog through a few clicks from another. I've been reading everything from the beginning, but I felt extremely compelled to comment on this particular entry and I would like to start with "Awww, that's sooo cute!"
So,
Awww, that's sooo cute!!
It's so amazing that you two have been together so long with that much distance between you. But it just shows what love is.
That video was so cute and amazing!
I'm so jealous!!
I hope I can find someone someday who I can share at least half of the love you and Yasu do!